Monday, December 13, 2010

Movie: Mrs. Miracle

Okay, I just read the book, which I thought was okay. And then, while switching channels, I stumble over this movie and I think, "Hey, that's Mrs. Miracle. I'll check that movie out." And so I did.

First of all, I have something to confess. It's a bit embarassing, but as we are among friends, I will share.

I have a crush. A huge crush. On James Van Der Beek. Dawson. Remember? Ah, the good old times. I used to watch with my room mate and a bottle of white wine every Saturday. Oh, how I loved it.

And then - wham! - there he was. Long lost, but still alive and oh so grown up. Hallelujah! So, definitely a reason to like the movie. I did. It felt like a mixture of Debbie Macomber's novel "Mrs. Miracle" and Nora Roberts' "All I Want For Christmas", but I liked it. The setting was nice, the actors great and the story heart-warming and Christmassy. What else do you ask for in a Christmas movie? A miracle? Yes, of course! Mrs. Miracle!

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I just watched On Strike for Christmas based on the lovely novel. The movie wasn't as good and only really focused on the Robertsons, but it was amusing (plus, Christopher from The Gilmore Girls - David Sutcliffe - was in it). Not bad if you can find it, but I liked the book better. Thanks for your review. I missed that movie when it aired here.

    ReplyDelete